VAC Gallery Call for Submissions
The VAC Gallery located in the lobby of the Victorian Archives Centre is again calling for submissions from street photographers for an upcoming photo exhibition. Featuring fascinating photographs uncovered from the state archival collection Moving Melbourne: Cities don't stand still will focus a lens on a Melbourne that's always in motion.
From rowers parting the morning mist to cocktails lined up along rooftop bars Melbourne has never stood still. We call for street photographers to send us contemporary photos which capture the essence of a city in constant motion whether it's a tram with late night passengers, or a crane swinging its cargo over the port, we'll leave it to you to be the judge and so surprise us.
Submissions can be made between the 12 of August and the 19 September 2018 and all people who submit will be invited to the launch in October.
- Complete the submission form in either PDF or as a word document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and ‘VAC Gallery’ in the subject line. You must submit the URL links and the image descriptions in the document or you will not be considered. This form must be completed for your image to be considered;
- If your submission form is not completed correctly your submission will not be considered;
- Up to 3 images can be submitted;
- The photo should pay homage to the theme (open to interpretation) and be street photography (not posed or studio);
- Submit only un-manipulated work (if possible) that remains true to the original image. This honours the tradition of archival and street photography;
- The works must be published (at low res) online for selection and the URL link included in the submission form (send us the link to your Dropbox file close file Definition An accumulation of documents relating to the same subject, person, activity or transaction that are kept together. Documents in a file are usually, but not always, fastened together. Files are usually arranged in an identifiable sequence (e.g. numerical or alphabetical). if you prefer a private URL);
- The original image must be 300 dpi and able to be printed at a size to fit A1 (8MB+);
- For submissions simply provide the URL links. You do not have to send us original images yet. We will ask for your high-resolution files if you are selected to exhibit;
- Submit by 5pm on Wed 19th of September 2018 to email@example.com
- The exhibited submissions will receive their printed copy back at A1 size and
- The VAC Gallery is in the lobby of the Victorian Archives Centre close Victorian Archives Centre Definition This is the main repository for Victorian government archives and the offices of Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) and National Archives Australia (NAA) Victoria branch. There is a joint reading room at the centre between PROV and the NAA at 99 Shiel Street, North Melbourne. at 99 Shiel Street, North Melbourne. Open Monday-Friday and the first and last Saturday each month.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line ‘VAC Gallery’. Image rights remain with the photographer, VAC Gallery asks permission for use of images for publicity purposes only. This is not a commercial gallery we do not have any rights to publish or sell your images.
Victorian Archives Centre
99 Shiel Street