Author: Kate Follington
Is content close content Definition The actual information in a record (as distinct from its context). missing from a PDF close PDF Definition A file format created by Adobe. A digital photo of a physical file. selected from our recordkeeping close recordkeeping Definition Making and maintaining complete, accurate and reliable evidence of business transactions in the form of recorded information. library in Chrome?
If text is missing from a PDF you are viewing from our recordkeeping document library (Standards, Policies and RDAs) and you are using Chrome as the browser try:
- Switching your browser to Safari or Firefox.
- Disable Chrome’s automatic PDF viewer and view with your own PDF viewer (e.g. Acrobat viewer.)
How to disable Chrome's inbuilt PDF viewer
Click on the 3 small dots on the top right hand side of the Chrome search bar and select 'Settings'
2. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’ and click on it
3. Select 'Content Settings'
4. Select 'PDF documents'
5. Click the slider to the right of ‘Download PDF….etc’ so that it’s blue and enabled
This will disable the inbuilt PDF viewer in Chrome, and documents will download and open with your own inbuilt PDF viewer in your PC.